About Shruti Apte
- Shruti started learning Kathak from renowned Kathak dance Guru – Pandita. MANEESHA TAI SATHE at the age of 8.
- After that she has been learning Kathak for the past 20 years from the renowned Kathak Dance Performer & Guru Mrs. SHAMBHAVI DANDEKAR (Daughter & disciple of Guru Pandita Smt. Maneesha tai Sathe) And under the guidance of miss Amruta Paranjpe. (senior disciple of guru Mrs. Shambhavi Dandekar).
- Since 2014 she has been learning aesthetics of dance – LAYA & TAAL from PADMASHREE TAALYOGI PANDIT SURESH JI TALWALKAR.
- She has completed her GRADUATION IN COMMERCE FROM UNIVERSITY OF PUNE and Post Graduation in Commerce from University of Pune.
- She has completed her ‘KATHAK NRITYA VISHARAD’ (Equivalent to B.A.) & ‘KATHAK NRITYA ALANKAR’ (Equivalent to M. A.) conducted by AKHIL “BHARATIYA” GANDHARVA MAHAVIDYALAY,Mumbai.
- She has been appointed as EXAMINAR BY AKHIL BHARATIYA GANDHARVA MAHAVIDYALAY. for their exams upto Kathak Nritya Alankar level.
- She has completed her advance diploma (Masters) in KATHAK from BHARATI VIDYAPEETH DEEMED UNIVERSITY.
- SHE HAS BEEN EMPANEIIED AS A TEACHER AND PERFORMER FOR THE DEPLOYMENT ABROAD BY ICCR DELHI. ( INDIAN COUNCIL FOR CULTURAL RELATIONS ) FOR 3 YEARS. ( 2021-2024 ).
- Started teaching dance in 2009 under the able guidance of Guru. Mrs. Shambhavi Dandekar at the Shambhavi’s International School Of Kathak, Ganeshnagar, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- She conducts special coaching on ‘’One to One’’ basis in Pune from 2015. She is training her students in different cities in India and outside India in USA via ONLINE platform.
- Since 2015 – she has been teaching 85 students at New Era high School, Panchgani, Maharashtra, India as visiting faculty.
- Shruti runs her own teaching institute in kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra, India. Where students (age 7 years and above) are being trained. She is running her classes for past 7 years. And her students have also received prizes in different competitions.
Special Achievements :
- Teaching one specially abled (deaf by birth) student Miss Isha Patki for 10 years and counting. Isha Patki performed solo in the India International Dance festival Pune, Maharashtra, India in 2019.
I was invited with Isha Patki by Urban Jazz Dance company, San Francisco, USA to perform in the 7th Annual Bay Area International Deaf Dance Festival in 2019 at San Francisco, USA. Isha’s performance (choreographed by me) in the festival was appreciated by all.
Isha Patki performed in the Deaf Louder Virtual Festival 2020 organized by Urban Jazz Dance company, San Francisco, USA
Special Performance :
- Duet performance with my specially abled (deaf by birth) student at San-Diego and San Jose, California, USA.
2. I got selected through ICCR (INDIAN COUNCIL FOR CULTURAL RELATIONS) DELHI for deployment ABROAD.
I joined EMBASSY OF INDIA, BEIJING, CHINA IN OCTOBER 2022 AS A TEACHER / PERFORMER for the tenure of 11 months.
Shruti has been immensely fortunate to get training from the maestros like
- Padmashri Pandit Birju Maharaj ji’ ”PANCHATATVA”
- Guru. Pandita Maneesha Sathe.
- Taalyogi Pandit Suresh Talwalkar.
- Ustad Taufiq Qureshi.
- Shree Subhash Chandra.
- Maneesha Nrityalaya and Shambhavi Dandekar’s International School of Kathak.
- Pandit Rajendra Gangani.
- Performed solo at RAM NAVAMI UTSAV AT RAM MANDIR BELGAVI 2015.
- Performed solo at SHARADOSSAV AT BELGAVI 2016.
- Performed at CHENNAI VISHESHA KALA POSHAKHAM UTSAV IN 2018 organised by Sri sumukhi rajshekharan memorial foundation.
- Performed at prestigious 10TH CUTTACK MOHOTSAV ORISSA at Orissa India on January 2019.
Performed at KRISHNA SANDIPANI SHIKHARNAAD FESTIVAL UJJAIN MADHYA PRADESH on May 2019
Performed for the FIRST INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE SOLO AT MALAYSIA,FESTIVAL ORGANISED BY NATIONAL CLASSICAL DANCE ACADEMY JUNE 2019.
- Shruti conducted A Lecture demonstration in collaboration with a Bharatnatyam dancer in May 2020
- Annual Shows of Guru Mrs. Shambhavi Dandekar- “Kathakostva” from 2002-2015.
- Pune festival inaugural ceremony with Guru. Shambhavi Dandekar.
- Nupurnaad Festival organized by Anunaad foundation Ahamadnagar under production of Kathak Abhivyakti.
- Janavani as a part of Heritage Week Celebration.
- International Raptor Conference organized by Ela Foundation.
- She was immensely fortunate to perform for the production of eminent Maestro Padmavibhushan Pandit. Biraju Maharajji in “Holi Ke Rang” at Shanivarwada in Pune.
- Masik Nrutya Sadhana organizes by Sanakar Bharati Pune.
- Performed in the joint venture of Kathak Abhivyakti of Mrs.Amruta Gogate and Kalanubhuti of Mrs.Asmita Thakur (both are senior disciples of Guru Shambhavi Dandekar)a unique production named “Rasanubhaav” in Pune.
- Performed in the Corporate Events of Tech Mahindra and TUV Nord at pune.
- Performed for the inaugural ceremony of “Katha Yatra” festival under Kathak Abhivyakti and Kalanubhuti in Pune.
- Performed at the WORLD CULTURAL FESTIVAL at NEW DELHI in 2016.
- Performed at the inauguration ceremony of MAKE IN INDIA at MUMBAI in the presence of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in 2016.
- Shruti is a part of Padmashree Taalyogi Pandit Suresh Talwalkar ji’s production TAALYATRA and TAALSANKIRTAN.
Shruti got Opportunity to Perform in PANCHATATVA festival at Mumbai in the presence of padmavibhushan pandit Biraju Maharaj ji.
Shruti performed with her Guru Shambhavi Dandekar in a production of “GAUR BARAN RADHIKA”.
She got the opportunity to perform in Indian International Dance Festival at Bangalore.
- She has choreographed for Annual shows of Shambhavi’s International School Of Kathak.
- Also choreographed for Inter School Competitions. And Choreographed for annual gathering for renowned school Abhinav Vidyalay (English medium), Pune.
- Solo and group performances for classical dance competitions.
Foldable Dance Floor
Shruti Swanand Apte
9921142929 / 9881729679